What is HarvestFestThen he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field." -Matthew 9:37-38
The mission field is described in the Bible as a harvest waiting to happen: people are ready and waiting to be gathered into God's kingdom, and just need somebody to go out and invite them in. In the passage above, God is referred to as the "Lord of the harvest."
HarvestFest is a place to give all glory to the 'Lord of the Harvest' for the missionary work around the world. It is an annual conference for mobilizing followers of Jesus Christ to willing obedience to His command to “go and make disciples of all nations”. We understand that the term “nations” is not referring to geo-political units but to “people groups”.
HarvestFest seeks to:
- provide an inter-church, interdenominational gathering to be challenged to participate in world missions and to reinforce the understanding that the Great Commission was given as a common task for all believers.
- inspire believers to action through the preaching of God’s Word by gifted communicators.
- encourage Christians by having people share stories of “God at work in this world”.
- introduce people to a variety of agencies dedicated to fulfilling the Great Commission and expose them to ministry areas where they can be involved through giving and prayer.
- provide opportunities to learn about missions and people groups through a variety of workshops offered at each conference.
- give attendees a glimpse into the diversity of people groups and their cultures through participating in various ethnic styles of worshipping God.
- provide a cross-cultural experience through an Ethnic Food Court where one can sample food prepared by a number of cultural groups.
- to find churches and small groups where missionaries and mission representatives can share during the Sunday Morning worship services.- promote one-on-one interaction with missionaries by seeking to place them in host homes for the weekend.